Somalia’s Premier Hassan Ali Khayre on Tuesday announced his cabinet ministers.
Mr. Khayre made the announcement at a press conference in the Somali capital, Mogadishu.
The names of the new ministers are:
- Abdi Farah Juha – Interior Minister
- Yousuf Garad Omar – Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Mohamed Abukar Islow – Minister of National Security
- Jamal Mohamed Hassan – Minister of Planning
- Abdirahman Duale Beyle – Minister of Finance
- Khadija Mohamed Dirie – Minister of Youth and Sports
- Abdirahman Omar Osman – Minister Of Information
- Maryan Qasim Ahmed – Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Disaster Management
- Abdirashid Mohamed Abdullahi – Minister of Defence
- Abdirahman Dahir Osman – Minister of Education and Higher Education
- Abdirahman Hosh Jibril – Minister of Constitutional Affairs
- Maryan Aweys Jama – Minister of Ports and Aviation
- Abdi Anshur Hassan – Minister of Posts and Technology
- Sheikh Nur Mohamed Hassan – Minister of Livestock
- Khadro Ahmed Duale – Minister of Trade and Industry
- Abbas Sheikh Abdullah Siraaji – Minister of Public Works and Rebuilding
- Abdirashid Mohamed Ahmed – Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources
- Said Hussein Eid – Minister of Agriculture
- Fawzia Yusuf Haji Nur – Minister of Health and Social Welfare
- Hassan Hussein Haji – Minister of Justice
- Saleh Ahmed Jama – Minister of Labour and Employment
- Salim Aliyow Ibrow – Minister of Electricity and Water
- Iman Abdullahi Ali – Minister of Religious affairs
- Deqa Yasin Haji Yousuf – Minister of Women and Human Rights
- Abdirahman Abdi Hashi – Minister of Fisheries and Marine Resources
- Mahad Ahmed Guled – Deputy Prime Ministe
Six of the new ministers are women.
The new cabinet ministers will face a confidence vote in the parliament next days, according to the Somalia’s constitution.